As the gaming industry continues to grow, it’s important to ensure that gamers have the necessary tools to protect themselves against malware, viruses, and other cyber threats. Choosing the right antivirus is crucial, as it can impact not only the performance of the game but also the overall security of the system.
Gamers need to download antivirus is to protect their systems from malware and viruses. Malware can infiltrate a system through various means, including malicious links, downloads, and attachments. Also, gamers need to download antivirus to protect their personal information. Online gaming often involves sharing personal data, such as login credentials and payment information.
Hackers and cybercriminals are always looking for ways to steal this data and use it for malicious purposes. An antivirus program can help prevent these attacks by detecting and blocking unauthorized access attempts, thereby keeping sensitive information safe.
Once malware has entered a system, it can cause serious damage, ranging from data loss to identity theft. Agency offers enterprise-grade cybersecurity that can help prevent such attacks by identifying and blocking malware in real-time.
When a computer is infected with malware, it can slow down the system and cause crashes, which can be frustrating during gameplay. Antivirus software can help prevent this by scanning the system for potential threats and removing them before they cause any harm.
We understand that you probably don’t want to download antivirus because the software could impact your gameplay. This is incredibly dangerous for you and anyone on your network because your devices become suitable for cyber attacks.
Instead, read more about how Agency can protect your gaming computer without impacting performance.
How to Recognize a Cyber Threat
- When your cursor or controls are not following what you intend for them to go, this can mean that another user is controlling your computer.
- Pop-ups during gaming sessions. Be careful not to engage with these pop-ups as they may be a phishing attempt or lead you to questionable sites.
- You may also experience increased network activity outside of your game, which can mean that there is malicious activity occurring.
- Your PC has slowed down overall, meaning that there may be malware that is affecting your computer’s functions.
- Denied access to your gaming accounts, such as Steam, can intend that a hacker has breached your account.
How to Protect Yourself from Digital Threats
- Use complex and different passwords for your games & platforms. If one username and password combination is compromised, this shields you from the others.
- Set up multi-factor authentication when accessing your games so that there is a less likely chance that a hacker can get into your gaming account.
- Be cautious of where you download games, as some sites may contain suspicious activity that can latch onto your device.
Agency’s antivirus software does not impact the performance of your device. We offer services that can protect device users from gaming hacks. Agency has a personal identification removal service, ID Theft Coverage, and 24/7 Security Monitoring.
Our next-gen Antivirus is enterprise-grade, and used by companies around the world to protect their servers and employees’ devices. They don’t tolerate degrading performance from bloated antivirus software, and neither should you in your gaming. We don’t need to offer a game mode since our software protects you with active device monitoring by our team 24/7.