What is Samsung Pay?
The quick answer is yes: you should trust Samsung! Their mobile wallet offering: Samsung Pay is a secure, digital payment feature that allows Galaxy users to make transactions using their phones. It’s comparable to Apple Pay for iPhone users.
Is Samsung Pay Safe?
Samsung Pay is safe and secure. Samsung Pay uses tokenization to protect your financial information. When you pay, the merchant only receives a “token.” This “token” represents your payment information instead of your actual credit or debit card information.
Moreover, Samsung does not have access to the payment information added to Samsung Pay.
Agency, a cybersecurity company, offers a 1-month free trial for effective cybersecurity monitoring and threat response. Samsung Pay also constantly monitors and protects your phone from malware and other cybersecurity threats. However, these pre-available cybersecurity measures are insufficient to cover all users from threats. It’s advisable to purchase personal cybersecurity to protect yourself from cybersecurity threats.
Samsung Pay also offers:
- Biometric authentication methods like your fingerprint or your eye’s iris authenticate your identity.
- Deletion of stored information if your device goes missing or gets stolen.
- Application for a debit card called Samsung Money.
Should I Get Samsung Pay?
Samsung Pay offers Galaxy users a convenient and safe digital wallet to make contactless payments. Samsung Pay is a more secure payment method than a physical card since your card information is not shared with the merchant’s card reader.
You should get Samsung Pay if:
- You have a Galaxy phone.
- You want a more secure payment method than credit, debit cards, or cash.
How Do I Get Samsung Pay?
Samsung Pay is usually preloaded on compatible phones, but if you need to reinstall it, below are the instructions.
- Install Samsung Pay from the Galaxy Store.
- Open the app.
- Tap Get started.
- Enter a new PIN for Samsung Pay. Do not share this with anyone.
- Re-enter the PIN for confirmation.
- Add a payment card by tapping Menu (the three horizontal lines) in the top left corner.
- Tap Cards.
- Tap Add card (the credit card icon with a plus sign next to it).
- Tap Add credit/debit card.
- Follow the prompts on your phone to register your card.
- Agree to the card’s terms and conditions.
Now you can use Samsung Pay wherever Samsung Pay is accepted! You can add and manage up to ten payment cards and unlimited gift cards to your account.
What is Samsung Wallet?
Samsung Wallet is Samsung’s latest and newest launch. It combines Samsung Pay and Samsung Pass to allow users to store and access digital IDs, payment cards, and loyalty cards.
Is Samsung Wallet Safe?
Samsung Wallet is very safe and secure. According to Samsung Newsroom, Samsung Wallet is “protected by defense-grade security from Samsung Knox.” Protection measures like fingerprint recognition and encryption are used to protect users’ information. Moreover, sensitive data in Samsung Wallet is stored in an “isolated environment,” safeguarding that information from digital and physical hacking.
Should I Get Samsung Wallet?
Samsung Wallet takes it a step further regarding perks available to Galaxy owners. The application incorporates the functionality of Samsung Pass, which securely stores passwords and enables users to quickly and easily log into apps and services.
Samsung Pass also offers:
- Monitoring of users’ digital asset portfolio by checking the value of cryptocurrencies across various exchanges.
- Use digital home keys through various home security companies to lock and unlock doors with a Galaxy device.
- Support for digital automobile keys on select BMW, Genesis, and Hyundai models so users could lock and unlock cars, start engines, and more.
- Store Korean Air boarding passes for easy access.
Samsung Wallet will also support the storage and usage of official IDs later this year.
How Do I Get Samsung Wallet?
Samsung Wallet is currently limited to only six countries outside of the company’s home country of South Korea. These countries are:
- The United States
- The United Kingdom
You can download Samsung Wallet from the Galaxy Store if you are in one of these countries. Samsung Wallet might be accessible from your Samsung Pass app, depending on your device and operating system. Once you open the app, easy-to-navigate icons allow you to take advantage of the available features. If you want to manage your payment cards, click the “Payment cards” icon and follow the prompts on your screen.
Since Samsung Wallet has just been released, some features may be unavailable to specific users depending on their device, location, and operating system. There will be many updates, but the convenience of Samsung Wallet’s features is undeniable.
Disclosure: SamsungNEXT is an investor in Agency.