Avast has experienced several serious allegations of spying, collecting, and selling its users’ browsing data. Whether it’s because of privacy concerns, Avast’s ineffective cybersecurity approach, or Avast’s user interface, turning off and removing Avast’s antivirus software is the best decision to choose better cybersecurity.
How To Turn Off Avast Antivirus
- Open the Avast application on your computer.
- Click Menu in the top right corner.
- Click Settings.
- Click the Protection tab.
- Click on Core Shields.
- Click the toggle switch next to the “Core Shields” heading and select the duration you want to disable the shield. There are options to temporarily disable the software for as long as you want it disabled.
- A popup window will appear and ask “Are you sure you want to stop All shields?” Click “OK, STOP.”
You can also scroll down the Core Shields page and disable each shield individually. The four options are the file shield, behavior shield, web shield, and mail shield.
How To Permanently Uninstall Avast Antivirus
If you’ve decided to switch to a better and safer antivirus, it’s smart to uninstall Avast antivirus.
Consider using Agency as your cybersecurity provider. Agency, a cybersecurity company, offers comprehensive, business-level cybersecurity that prevents, monitors, and mediates problems if they arise. Be protected by a team of cybersecurity experts that monitor and respond to cyber threats 24/7.
Agency’s Plan Includes:
- Next Gen Antivirus/EDR
- Active Dark Web Monitoring
- Personal Information Removal
- Personal Cyber Coverage
- ID Theft Coverage
- Active Security Monitoring & Response by US Pros
Cybersecurity attack vectors target every individual connected to technology, and it’s advisable to guard yourself and your information against malicious actors.
Uninstall Avast Antivirus On Windows:
- Right-click the Windows Start icon, then select Apps and Features from the menu.
- Ensure that Apps is selected in the left panel.
- Click the three vertical fots next to Avast Free Antivirus.
- Click Uninstall.
- If prompted for permission in a pop-up window, click Yes.
- When the Avast Free Antivirus Setup window appears, click Uninstall.
- Click Yes when a window asks you to confirm your action.
- You may be asked to complete an optional customer survey.
- Wait while the uninstaller removes the Avast antivirus.
- Restart your computer.
Uninstall Avast Antivirus On Mac:
- Open Avast.
- Click Avast in the menu bar in the top left corner of your Mac.
- Select Uninstall Avast Security.
- Click Uninstall in the popup window.
- You will be asked to enter your username and password. Input that information to complete the action.
- Click Quit.
Congratulations on removing Avast antivirus on your computer and moving on to better and more effective cybersecurity solutions. You still need virus protection as well as other cybersecurity measures to keep your digital life safe.
Try Agency with the first month free by signing up for our newsletter!