What Is The Hummer Virus?
The Hummer virus is a trojan virus that runs on Android operating systems. A trojan virus is a type of malicious software that can take control of your device. Many trojan viruses are designed to damage, disrupt, or steal your data.
The virus is installed by downloading infected applications, typically through the Google Play Store.
Hummer will root the device to gain administrator privileges. Rooting a device means that the Android device has been jailbroken to conduct unauthorized actions. For example, unapproved apps may be downloaded without your knowledge.
A rooted device is an extreme security risk. Your device is now more vulnerable to cyber-attacks.
Hummer floods your device with pop-ups while simultaneously downloading porn apps in the background. User attempts to delete the apps are futile as the virus will just continually reinstall them.
How To Remove The Hummer Virus
Here are general steps to remove a virus from your computer:
- Disconnect from the internet: Disconnecting from the internet can help prevent the spread of the virus and further damage to your system.
- Enter Safe Mode: Restart your computer and press the appropriate key (usually F8 or Shift+F8) during startup to enter Safe Mode. Safe Mode disables most non-essential applications and services, making it easier to remove the virus.
- Install or update antivirus software: If you don’t have antivirus software installed, use another computer to download a reputable antivirus program and transfer it to the affected computer using a USB drive. If you already have antivirus software, update it to the latest version.
- Run a full system scan: Perform a thorough scan of your computer using the antivirus software. This should detect and remove the virus.
- Clean up and repair: After the virus has been removed, use the antivirus software or other tools to clean up any remaining traces of the virus and repair any damaged files or system settings.
- Update your software and operating system: Ensure your software and operating system are up-to-date to prevent future infections. Regularly update your antivirus software and perform periodic system scans.
- Create backups: Regularly create backups of your important files to protect against data loss in case of future infections.
If the steps above don’t resolve the issue, you may need to consult a professional technician or consider reinstalling your operating system. Remember to back up your important files before reinstalling the operating system to avoid data loss.
Try Agency’s Personalized Managed Cybersecurity
The best solution is prevention. Agency offers enterprise-level personal cybersecurity that comprehensively protects you from cyber threats. You no longer need to deal with viruses that can be easily blocked using comprehensive cybersecurity tactics.
On top of actively monitoring the dark web for your information and removing your personal information from the internet, Agency’s plan also includes:
- 24/7 Monitoring And Response Against Cyber Threats By Cybersecurity Experts
- Next-Gen Antivirus/EDR
- ID Theft Coverage
- Active Security Monitoring & Response by U.S. Professionals
Sign up for our newsletter to get the first month free!